Priavoid envisions curing neurological disorders by developing innovative treatment strategies based on a new class of orally available compounds. Focusing on indications with significant unmet medical need Priavoid applies the therapeutic concept to Alzheimer’s disease (AD), neuropathic pain and other neurodegenerative diseases such as Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), tauopathies and Parkinson’s disease (PD).
- TIDES Boston May, 2022 | Discovery and Optimization of the all-D-peptide Parkinson’s Disease Drug Candidate SVD-1 with Its α-synuclein Oligomer Disrupting Mode of Action.
Dieter Willbold, Ph.D., Director, Forschungszentrum Jülich, Germany
- Priavoid and Forschungszentrum Jülich receive funding from The Michael J. Fox Foundation | Düsseldorf, Germany, February 24th, 2021: A collaboration project of Priavoid and Forschungszentrum Jülich has received grant funding from The Michael J. Fox Foundation for the development of an anti-prionic compound for the treatment of Parkinson’s disease.
- Priavoid closes financing round | Düsseldorf, Germany, February 12th, 2021: Priavoid GmbH closes a Series A financing round in the amount of EUR 7 million. The financing by seed investor Riesner Verwaltungs GmbH and HBG Beteiligungs- und Beratungsgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG allows the company to intensify the development of its drug pipeline.
- Alzheimer´s Research: Important Milestone for PRI-002 | Düsseldorf, Germany, Feb. 4, 2021 – The innovative drug candidate PRI-002 against Alzheimer’s dementia will enter further clinical testing in patients.
- Priavoid relocated its headquarters to the Life Science Center Düsseldorf, Merowingerplatz 1A, 40225 Düsseldorf, Germany
- PRI-002 completed the MAD part of the phase I study up to 320mg/subject/day orally for 28 days to healthy volunteers with very good safety results on 03. April 2019.
News & Events
Alzheimer’s disease occurs because harmless protein molecules, so-called monomers, clump into harmful toxic oligomers and damage nerve cells. The harmless monomers are constantly produced in all human beings without leading to disease. The toxic oligomers form rarely and kind of randomly, but if one waits long enough, they will form for sure. This is presumably the reason, why age is the highest risk factor for Alzheimer’s.
Many research groups, as well as the pharmaceutical industry, are trying to reduce the production of the monomers in order to preventively decrease the probability of oligomer formation. Some few approaches attempt to label the oligomers with specific antibodies hoping that components of the immune system are able to deplete the oligomers. Our therapy strategy, however, is completely different. With our especially developed drug candidate we aim to target and directly eliminate already formed oligomers without the need to rely on the help of the immune system.
Single ascending dose (SAD) and multiple ascending dose (MAD) phase I studies confirmed that our drug candidate PRI-002 is safe and well tolerated at all doses administered in healthy volunteers.
Get in Touch
Head Office: Merowingerplatz 1 A
Phone: +49 (0)211 942 522 98
Fax: +49 (0)211 942 522 99